Thursday, March 26, 2009

What can be a good practice schedule for a high school student playing the violin?

I am 14 years old and in 3rd Year High School (Philippines). I don%26#039;t want to seem like I%26#039;m bragging or anything but I am an honor student so I have to study hard to maintain my grades. I usually study for 6 hours and maybe even more if there%26#039;s a lot of homework. I%26#039;m equally passionate though on practicing my violin and considering on being a professional someday. If there is a schedule that you can suggest, I would really appreciate it. :)
What can be a good practice schedule for a high school student playing the violin?
You will find that practising an instrument actually helps with the ordeal of studying. 6 hours homework a day sounds like a lot - have you tried to find %26quot;shortcuts%26quot; so that you can do the same amount of work but in less time?





I taught a boy who was studying piano at a very advanced level and he was able to fit all his practice into a one hour session every morning before school. That way, he didn%26#039;t have to worry about it for the rest of the day. He appeared on television and everything so he certainly knew his stuff. If your parents are willing to sit with you during your practice session (at least initially) in order to keep you on track, that can help. Remember, it%26#039;s not the amount, but the FREQUENCY, that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment